Brits to travel an average of 27 miles this Easter
9 April 2009
Brits will travel an average of 27 miles this Easter according to new research by Tesco Breakdown cover. While a third (36%) will be staying at home, a further 13% plan to travel over 100 miles.
Traditionally one of the busiest times on UK roads, drivers should ensure that they prepare adequately for a long car journey to reduce the chance of a breakdown.
Tesco Breakdown has provided a check list for drivers preparing for an Easter journey:
- Check your oil, water, brake and radiator fluid levels.
- Check your tyre pressure.
- Take spare water, engine oil, a first aid kit, torch and spare torch batteries with you.
- Make sure you have all the tools you need to change a tyre.
- Ensure that your lights are working properly.
For more information and media enquiries please contact:
Tesco Bank press office
+44 (0) 131 274 3630
Notes for Editors:
The survey was conducted by OnePoll for Tesco Breakdown. Total sample size was 2,000 UK drivers. Fieldwork was undertaken between 3rd – 5th March 2009
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. Tesco Bank participates in the Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ