Make sure your pets are insured this summer
26 June 2012
Before you head off on holiday this summer, don’t forget about your pets. Kennels and catteries are great options for pet owners who want to make sure their beloved animals are well looked after when they jet off to sunnier climes – and some even offer webcam services so you can check in to see how your pet is getting on. However, just as travel insurance is a must-have for owners, pet insurance is key to ensuring a stress-free experience, so make sure it is firmly on your to-do list at least two weeks before heading off on holiday*.
vetfone**, a 24-hour advice line available to Tesco Bank Pet Insurance customers, has shared its top tips to make sure both owners and pets get the most from their chosen kennel or cattery. Alongside getting the right pet insurance, it says there are a few key steps pet owners must take before booking in their pets for the holidays:
- When choosing kennels or a cattery, follow the recommendations of friends whose dogs or cats have boarded.
- Every vet practice has a list of kennels and catteries which have been inspected and approved by your local authority, and these surgery lists are good filters. Then make an appointment to see them before booking to double-check.
- Overall cleanliness is the first thing to look for. Labels on kennel and cage doors giving owners’ details suggest they are well organised. Notice how staff interact with their boarders too.
- Agree in advance who pays for the vet if your pet falls ill while boarding.
- Finally, keep to the arranged day and time for leaving and collecting your pet.
Julie Hopes, Managing Director of Insurance for Tesco Pet Insurance, the UK’s number one choice of pet insurance for dogs and cats***, says,
“Double check with your provider to ensure you know exactly what your pet is, and isn’t, covered for, so you can head off on holidays with peace of mind that should anything unfortunate happen your pet will be protected. Tesco Bank Pet Insurance customers who have concerns about their pets when they return from holiday should remember that vetfone offer 24-hour advice – and they should make sure to mention that their pet has recently been housed in a kennel or cattery.”
For a quote on Tesco Bank Pet Insurance or to check your cover levels, call 0845 072 2112, typetalk on 0800 300 836, or visit: www.tescobank.com/personal/finance/insurance/petins/index.html
Tesco Bank Pet Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
* Make sure you buy pet insurance in advance of leaving your pet at the kennels or catteries as restrictions may apply. Pet must be at least 8 weeks old when cover starts. There are certain breeds of cats and dogs that we are unable to cover and we do not cover pre-existing medical conditions.
For more information and media enquiries please contact:
Tesco Bank press office
+44 (0) 131 274 3630
Notes to Editors:
**vetfone is a 24 hour advice line staffed by UK-based veterinary nurses which can give advice on pets’ wellbeing, behaviour and even grooming tips. The vetfone service is provided by Vetsdirect Limited. Tesco Bank Pet Insurance is arranged, administered and underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc.
***Source: Tesco Bank Consumer Intelligence
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. We’ve been around since 1997 and today we help more than 5 million customers manage their money every day. Our 4,000 colleagues serve our customers seven days a week from our three main centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, and we are also available through online and mobile banking 24/7. Tesco Bank participates in the Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ