Automatic Christmas insurance boost from Tesco Bank
14 November 2013
With Christmas just six weeks away, Tesco Bank is helping customers protect their homes by automatically increasing home insurance cover at no extra cost.
With families stocking up on expensive gifts, food and drinks for Christmas day, any home damage or theft can be more costly than usual. Thankfully, Tesco Bank applies an automatic, month-long £7,500 increase in cover for all home insurance customers without adding anything to the premium.
Vikki Macleod, Head of Home Insurance at Tesco Bank, said,
“Christmas is a time for treating ourselves and others, but gifts and festive food and drink can soon add up.
“With the extra religious festival cover, our Home Insurance customers can relax knowing that they have extra cover in place to protect them.
“On top of covering incidents of fire, flooding and theft, we also insure for freezer failure, ensuring Christmas dinner is protected too.”
This automatic increase applies to all religious festivals that take place throughout the year.
Five simple tips to help keep your home safe and secure this Christmas:
1. If you are going away over the Christmas period, remember to use all window and door locks and set any security lights.
2. Let your neighbours know if you plan to be away so they can look out for any suspicious activity.
3. It’s also always worth shutting off the outside taps and draining any standing water to avoid outside pipes bursting.
4. Avoid frozen pipes by making sure your heating comes on.
5. Keeping the hatch to your attic ajar will also help stop overhead pipes and tanks freezing.
For more information about Tesco Bank Home Insurance, visit www.tescobank.com.
For more information and media enquiries please contact:
Tesco Bank press office
+44 (0) 131 274 3630
Notes to Editors:
Tesco Bank Home Insurance is arranged and administered by Tesco Bank and is underwritten by a select range of insurers.
Tesco Bank Home Insurance is 5-star-rated by Defaqto and offers £75,000 contents cover as standard.
If you make a claim for religious festival increase, you cannot also make a claim for the same incident under wedding and civil partnership gifts and/or birth and adoption increase.
*Based on new policies sold and accepted between 15/05/2013 – 17/07/2013. The premium you pay will depend on your circumstances and the amount of cover you choose.
For policies bought before 15/05/13:
- Customers with Finest Home Insurance receive an automatic 20% increase in contents cover for gifts, extra food and beverages bought for religious festivals.
- Customers with Standard Home Insurance receive an automatic 10% uplift in contents cover for gifts, extra food and beverages bought for religious festivals
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. We’ve been around since 1997 and today we help more than 5 million customers manage their money every day. Our 4,000 colleagues serve our customers seven days a week from our three main centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, and we are also available through online and mobile banking 24/7. Tesco Bank participates in the Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ