Tesco Bank adds new features to its Mobile Banking App
24 September 2015
Tesco Bank is making it easier for customers to manage their money on the move by adding new features to its Mobile Banking App.
Current account customers can now add a payee and immediately make a payment by using the app’s new ‘Add Payee’ feature. The process is quick and easy to use and customers can make a payment simply by inputting the recipient’s name, sort code and account number. The feature is secured by the customer inputting their app password or passcode.
To make banking even easier for all customers, all documentation including statements for current accounts, credit cards, savings and loans, savings certificates and welcome packs are conveniently stored in one easily-accessible place within the app.
Grant Bourbousson, Digital and Marketing Director at Tesco Bank, said,
"We listen to customer feedback and are always looking at ways to make our app a little more helpful for customers. Following the introduction of ‘Balance Peek’ earlier this year, which has proven really popular, we’re pleased to add these latest features to the app to make it easier for customers to manage their money wherever they are."
As well as these updated features, Tesco Bank’s Mobile Banking App delivers many useful tools to help customers manage their finances quickly and easily, including:
- Balance Peek, which enables customers to quickly and easily check their balance on their smartphone or Apple Watch without having to log in to the app. Customers with an iPhone can also view their balance in the Notification Centre
- A balance transfer feature, which enables customers to transfer a balance from an existing credit card to their Tesco Bank credit card within the app in a few easy steps
- A calendar which enables customers to see how their spending changes month to month
- A ‘Save Now’ feature which enables customers to easily move money from almost any UK bank account into their Tesco Bank savings account simply by selecting a pre-set amount and pressing ‘Save’
- An unauthorised overdraft alert feature to help customers avoid account fees
- The current interest rate on their savings accounts and exactly how much they have subscribed to their ISA
- The ability to view, print, send, export their bank statements
- The ability to add a debit card to pay a credit card bill
Tesco Bank’s Mobile Services recently received the Consumer Services Award at the BIMA Awards 2015. For more information on Tesco Bank’s products and services, please visit http://www.tescobank.com
For more information and media enquiries please contact:
Tesco Bank press office
+44 (0) 131 274 3630
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. We’ve been around since 1997 and today we help more than 5 million customers manage their money every day. Our 4,000 colleagues serve our customers seven days a week from our three main centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, and we are also available through online and mobile banking 24/7. Tesco Bank participates in the Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ