Tesco Bank customers to benefit from simpler mobile banking
2 May 2018
Tesco Bank is making it simpler for customers to use its leading mobile banking app as it launches ‘native mobile registration’. As one of the first to use this innovative technology, the bank demonstrates its commitment to incorporating genuinely helpful digital services in order to simplify banking for its customers.
‘Native mobile registration’ allows customers to set-up and access their account on their smart phone without first having to register at Tescobank.com. The latest development coincides with the supermarket bank’s recent launch of its new look mobile app, for IOS customers.
Grant Bourbousson, Digital Director said,
"Over a million of our customers use our mobile app, which is why we are committed to incorporating genuinely helpful digital functionality into this platform.Customers told us that having to register for online banking, before being able to set up mobile banking was a source of frustration. Today’s announcement illustrates our commitment to make banking as simple and easy as possible.”
The new look mobile app, offers a fresh new feel, while including all the features customers want including:
- Quick and secure access to using Face ID, Touch ID, 5-digit passcode, fingerprint or existing online banking login details.
- Block and unblock feature for credit cards, meaning customers can blog their card if it is lost or stolen.
- The option to check account balances quickly and securely using the Balance Peek feature.
- Easy set up and management of credit card repayments by direct debit or debit card.
- Card scanning for credit card payments which enables customers to quickly add new card details with a single scan.
- Share account details which means customers can quickly and easily send their account number and sort code to selected contacts.
Customers who use ‘native mobile registration’ to access our mobile banking app will also have access to our online banking platform.
Tesco Bank customers can do all of their core banking within the mobile app, but over the next 12 months a number of new features will be added. These additions will increase functionality within the app, making it an even more helpful tool which will provide a complete banking service for Tesco customers.
For media enquires or further information please contact:
Tesco Bank press office:
+44 (0)131 264 3152 / +44 (0)7841 456 956
Tesco Bank’s goal is to make banking and insurance easier and better value for people who shop at Tesco. We’ve been around since 1997 and today we help more than 5 million customers manage their money every day. Our 4,000 colleagues serve our customers seven days a week from our three main centres in Edinburgh, Glasgow and Newcastle, and we are also available through online and mobile banking 24/7. Tesco Bank participates in the Chartered Banker Professional Standards Board.
Tesco Bank is a trading name of Tesco Personal Finance plc. Registered in Scotland No. SC173199. Registered Office: 2 South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FQ