Tesco Bank launches Travel Insurance
23 March 2021
- Travel added to Tesco Bank’s award-winning insurance range that includes Pet, Home and Car
- Protection against Covid-19 related disruption as standard
- Three levels of Defaqto-rated cover are available, as well as optional extras and add-ons
- Tesco Clubcard points and a discount are available to Tesco Clubcard members
Tesco Bank has expanded its offering to customers with the launch of travel insurance.
Tesco Bank Travel Insurance will include Covid-19 cover as standard, to help protect customers who test positive and experience Covid-19 related disruption, either before or during their trip.
Three tiers of cover are available to suit a range of customer needs, offering different levels of protection for travel and belongings. All policies come with core features that include cover for medical expenses, trip cancellation or delays, and lost or stolen baggage or money.
Customers can also tailor their policy with a range of helpful optional extras and add-ons, such as gadget protection and Winter Sports Cover.
Two specialist products are available aimed at backpacker travellers and customers aged over 80.
Policyholders will enjoy helpful rewards, including the ability for children under 16 to be covered for free on single and annual multi trip policies and the chance to save money on their travel insurance when they buy Tesco Travel Money first. Tesco Clubcard members who buy direct can save 5% and collect Clubcard points when they provide their Clubcard number.
Mark Airey, Tesco Bank’s Insurance Commercial Director, said:
“We’re proud to expand our award-winning insurance offering to Tesco shoppers with the addition of Tesco Bank Travel Insurance.
“We appreciate that the immediate outlook for travel remains uncertain, however the need for travel insurance is greater than ever – whether holidaying in the UK or abroad. Offering Covid-19 protection as standard helps to give customers peace of mind they are protected should they test positive, and they have to cancel or cut short their trip.
“With a range of cover levels available to Tesco shoppers, we’re confident customers will find a policy that suits them and their holiday once travel at home and abroad is permitted.”
Tesco Bank has partnered with ROCK Insurance Group to manage the scheme, while ROCK has selected Axa Partners to provide underwriting, claims handling and medical assistance services.
Antony Martin, Managing Director at Rock Insurance Group said: “We are incredibly excited to be partnering with Tesco Bank to launch travel insurance to its customers. ROCK is providing Tesco Bank’s customers with a wide range of travel insurance products and services that are available online or via a dedicated call centre, meaning that more people will be protected and have the confidence to travel as soon as restrictions have eased.”
Paul Moloney, Sales Director at AXA Partners said: “We’re delighted to announce our new partnership with Tesco Bank to provide underwriting and other services for its new travel insurance proposition.
“It is our duty as insurers to safeguard customers’ trust; implementing solutions that provide assurance and protect what matters. We very much look forward to providing Tesco Bank customers with quality travel insurance cover both now, and when we are free of this pandemic.”
Tesco Bank Travel Insurance can be purchased by visiting https://www.tescobank.com/travel-insurance/
Notes to editors
- Tesco Bank Travel Insurance is arranged and administered by Rock Insurance Services Limited and underwritten by Inter Partner Assistance S.A. UK Branch.
- Monetary limits, excesses and exclusions apply to cover.
- Covid-19 cover includes cancellation if you fall ill with Covid-19, medical claims whilst travelling, and curtailment (if you need to come home early) due to the illness of a close relative due to COVID-19 We don’t include cover for cancellation where the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and local authorities advise against travel.
- Cover can be purchased on a single trip or annual basis and will be available to individuals, couples, families and groups of up to 12.
- Backpacker insurance is aimed primarily at travellers looking for cover for trips longer than three months or a variety of destinations, while the Later Life policy is designed for customers over 80 years old who may find it difficult to obtain cover due to pre-existing health conditions.